The Innovations Technology Access Centre (I-TAC) is a unique, fully equipped space for innovation, research and development.
Providing flexible access to laboratory space, “hot-labs” and scientific equipment, I-TAC is ideally suited to start-up companies, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and R&D teams from established companies.
Companies using I-TAC are working in diverse sectors from medical biosciences and energy and the environment, to down-stream space technologies and advanced materials and the chemical sector.
Founded at Sci-Tech Daresbury in 2010 and extended to Harwell Oxford two years later, this multiple award-winning STFC facility has already supported over 60 start-ups, SMEs and R&D teams from established companies, delivering easy access to:
- Top-quality laboratory space and clean rooms.
- Ready to use write-up space
- £10 million of cutting-edge equipment for laboratory and clean room use
- Other specialised equipment (available for rental, with training provided as appropriate)
- Specialist technical support
- Networks of industrial and academic experts
- STFC’s wider infrastructure of facilities and equipment
- World-leading Intellectual Property developed by STFC and its partners
- Tailored business support packages