Daresbury Science & Innovation Campus (Daresbury SIC) has named the five strategic gold partner organisations that will enhance business support services for its high-tech SMEs.
CBG Group, Dow Schofield Watts, MSB Solicitors, Montpelier and Lloyds TSB Commercial will support more than 100 high-tech businesses based at Daresbury SIC, providing access to specialist skills and advice through free surgery sessions.
John Downes, chairman of Daresbury SIC and managing director at joint venture partner Langtree, said: “High-growth SMEs require better access to high level expertise and strategic business advice, particularly in areas such as CEO-level company management, finance and attracting investment.
“This scheme addresses those needs directly and gives Daresbury SIC businesses the additional guidance they need at a critical point in their growth.”
The partner programme is one of several benefits open to science and technology businesses that start up or relocate to Daresbury Science & Innovation Campus, along with access to a wide-range of opportunities and expertise including access to markets and key customers, business collaborations, funding and investment, and key skills through the Daresbury network.
Each partner will offer specialist expertise:
- CBG Group will provide insurance broking, employees benefits and financial planning
- Dow Schofield Watts will provide complete corporate finance advice covering fundraising, investment, exit strategy, company sales, company acquisitions and due diligence
- MSB Solicitors for R&D tax credits and business law expertise
- Montpelier, chartered accountants for accountancy services
- Lloyds TSB Commercial is able to share its expertise through roundtable discussions for members on a variety of subjects important to businesses. The bank also holds surgery sessions through its network of local relationship managers on relevant issues for local firms.