At the Heart of a High-Tech Community
Our mission is to seamlessly integrate world-class science and technology, innovation and business enterprise within a dynamic campus setting; to drive discovery, open up new commercial opportunities, deliver high-value jobs and sustainable economic growth.
Ultimately this will deliver 1 million square feet of space for scientific, business and research facilities, creating up to 10,000 jobs on the site.
It is based on five principles:
- Driving excellence in science and technology
- Business growth through innovation
- Developing a world-class science campus
- Attracting and developing the very best talent
- Powering productivity through partnerships
Our focus over the next 3-5 years will be to:
- Realise the Hartree Centre’s full potential for economic impact, particularly through its partnership with IBM
- Develop the cluster of data intensive businesses built around the world-class capabilities of the Hartree Centre
- Develop clusters around our specialisms, such as advanced engineering and medtech
- Equip the UK with next-generation light source capability
- Deliver a ‘home for life’ offering through development of new campus infrastructure and business facilities
To find out more please contact John Leake or Paul Treloar.
Download the Sci-Tech Daresbury Science & Innovation Strategy here.