The STFC CERN Business Incubation Centre (BIC) offers opportunities for start-ups and small businesses to access IP from STFC and CERN the home of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) to create innovative new products and services from high energy physics technology.
Funding, business support and technical assistance is offered to entrepreneurs and small high-tech companies seeking to accelerate their innovative business concepts.
Key components in the innovation acceleration package enjoyed by the facility’s tenants include:
- Unique, unprecedented access to intellectual property (IP), expertise and technologies developed by CERN in spheres such as particle acceleration, cryogenics and high performance computing
- A £40,000 cash incentive for design, prototyping, IP protection and market studies
- 40 hours’ free access to STFC’s facilities and technical expertise
- Dedication business support covering marketing, technology development and business planning, and a dedicated business champion at STFC
- Access to a range of funding, investment, networking and collaboration opportunities
- Access to I-TAC facilities
For more information on STFC please click here.